This contract provides for the repair or replacement of the Vehicle's tires and wheels which, during the term of this Agreement, become Unserviceable due to a Road Hazard covered under this contract. Unserviceable means that the tire has been punctured or otherwise damaged to the extent that it is unsafe, or that a wheel will no longer hold a seal with its tire. Tire and/or wheel damage that is cosmetic in nature and that does not render the tire and/or wheel Unserviceable is specifically excluded. A Road Hazard is a condition on a public roadway which should not exist there, such as potholes, nails, glass, or other road debris.
• FLAT TIRES: You will be reimbursed for the reasonable costs You incur to repair a flat tire caused by a Road Hazard while operating the Vehicle on public streets and in a legal manner.
• TIRE REPLACEMENT: You will be reimbursed for the reasonable costs You incur to replace a tire, only if a tire covered by this Agreement becomes unrepairable due to damage caused by a Road Hazard. This coverage is valid through the tread life of a tire (for motorcycles 2/32" or less is excluded; for all other Vehicles 3/32" or less is excluded) and replacement will be made with a tire of like kind and quality to the original tire.
• WHEELS (RIMS): You will be reimbursed for the repair or replacement of wheels rendered Unserviceable due to a Road Hazard covered under this Agreement. We reserve the right to have damaged wheels repaired at Our cost by a service provider of Our choosing. We further reserve the right to replace the damaged wheel at Our cost with a remanufactured wheel of like kind and quality to the wheel that was damaged by the covered Road Hazard. We will cover wheel replacement only in the event that the damaged wheel cannot be repaired.
• MOUNTING AND BALANCING: You will be reimbursed for the reasonable costs that You incur for mounting, balancing, valve stems, and tire disposal for any tire replaced under this Agreement. However, charges for pressure sensing devices and unspecified charges for shop supplies are excluded.
• TAXES: You will be reimbursed for the cost of local and state taxes, as directed by state agencies for any tire or wheel replaced under this Agreement.
NOTE: YOU MUST OBTAIN AUTHORIZATION PRIOR TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT. SEE
"CLAIMS PROCEDURES" FOR DETAILS.
Tire & Wheel Road Hazard Protection Plan
Proper tire care is necessary to obtain the maximum mileage and wear from a tire. It is Your obligation to ensure that Your tire/wheel assemblies are kept in balance and alignment, and that Your tires are operated at the proper inflation pressure. Tires should be checked monthly for proper pressure, signs of dry rot, and improper or excessive wear. Any condition that cannot be corrected demands the replacement for the safety of the Vehicle occupants.